Tuesday 20 October 2009

Experimenting....

Here I got a little brave and made a shaker card. I'm not that pleased with it design wise. But I was quite rushed, and as you'll get to know, I'm not very good at coming up with ideas of my own.


This is a great idea to use up any odds and ends embellishments. I've done similar cards with flowers too. You can't see to well, but I drew the string for the balloons, a better idea would have been to stick on some string I think.

I copied the basis of this idea from a magazine. I had been to a craft show and got my first Sakura quickie glue pen and it's now my favourite craft item. I used outline peels offs on acetate (idea was from the demo of the glue pen at the craft show), used the glue pen to fill in the gaps with extra fine (it's gorgeous) glitter I got from the craft show. The photo doesn't do it justice. It's really pretty and I made 2 for Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment